Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now

It's official! I am now a big college girl! Scary right?? I don't even know where to begin.. So we'll start at the beginning...

A few nights before I left, we (as in my parents and I) decided to have a camp out in the backyard as a kind of last hoorah! Besides getting bit on the face by an unknown specimen, it was actually really fun! We brought out pads, sleeping bags, and my laptop to watch King of the Hill. It was so fun and I will definitely miss having adventures like this with my parents! I already miss my mommy and daddy!



I also had a fun sleepover with my sister Jen, her husband Dave, and Robert (a friend here from Spain). It was so fun! We had some tasty burritos and plantains (kind of like fried bananas). We then watched The Goofy Movie, which I had never seen, and it was hilarious! Thanks to Jen and Dave for such a fun night!

Well.. After having fun sleepovers, I actually had to pack everything up. Which was very depressing and exciting all in one. After having everything out of my room and into boxes my room was so hauntingly empty.. Besides a few outfits, random bathroom accessories, and my phone charger everything was packed up in the back of the suburban!

I went to work one last day, which was really sad because I loved my job. I am really going to miss working with my dad and going out to lunch with him every week!

After taking two trips of moving mine and Mileaha's stuff in (with a special thanks to my mom, Bev Boldt, Colton Keddington, and Kendall Clinger for helping) we went out to lunch, my mom left, and I was on my own. Scary right?? Well me and Mileaha tried to act maturely. We made lists, went grocery shopping, got everything organized, and enjoyed our last weekend of freedom!




My roommates are awesome and super nice! We decided we are going to make a picture wall full of all of our adventures together. We decided we'd better start with some "before school pictures."

Emma, me, and Abigail

Yup. Be jealous. We're cuties!
 Well along with acting like an adult, I made a Sunday dinner for a bunch of my friends. And it actually tasted good! I made Lemony Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes. And I only had to call my mom a couple of times! :) After dinner we played a pretty intense game of Killer Bunnies!

Nick, Tyler, Mileaha, and Kendall

Colton, Emma, and Abigail

Jakey!

So many bunnies!
Then it was time for school.. Yikes! I successfully found all of my classes, took good notes, and survived my first week of college! I actually liked my classes and wasn't too overwhelmed. I put pictures up on my wall, did homework, went boating, and did some more homework!

We were exhausted after our first week!

But so excited that we made it!


I actually think I can do this!! Bring it college!!

Also my little Autumn is growing up so fast! She started preschool! I am so proud of her!!


No comments:

Post a Comment